STEP 1 : Getting in Touch With TRT
You can easily start your shipping from messaging us!
The faster we get information about your needs, the faster we’ll set up the price of your shipping and will get to the process!
Contact us to get the ball rolling! Our specialist will confirm such details, as:
- the amount and type of vehicles; a necessity to help you with auction registration;
- location of the warehouse from which the shipping will be done;
- arrangements that should be done for freight pick-up;
- loading type.
STEP 2 : Finalizing the Booking with All Required Documents
After our Sales team put you the price and consult you about all the details, you should go to the next step – gathering the necessary documents.
Key information should include:
- Personal identification. Two copies of government-issued identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- Vehicle title. One copy is needed for booking, and the original must g
o along with the vehicle.
- Roof of ownership/bill of sale or a certified letter of authorization from the lien holder. Recently purchased vehicles will require a bill of sale. If the vehicle is currently financed, we need a copy of the title and a copy of the lien authorization, both notarized by the lien holder. The finance company must physically mail this to you so that the notarization stamp is original; this document cannot be emailed or faxed. These documents must be available when the vehicle is picked up so that it can go with the vehicle.
STEP 3 : Completing and Returning All Required Paperwork
Consignee Form. This form will be provided by the shipper for you to fill out. Shipping information required includes name, address, and phone number for both the individual shipping the vehicle from the country of origin, as well as the consignee (person the vehicle is going to) at the country of destination. Vehicle information includes year, make, model, and estimated value.
Container List. If your vehicle is traveling in a container with other items, make a general list of everything included. We are not responsible for any of the items in the vehicle, but it is always best to provide us with a list, which we will include in your booking information.
Return All Documents in a Timely Manner. A common delay in transport is when we don’t receive your required documents in a timely manner to complete your booking. We can’t assist you if you haven’t either faxed, mailed, or email the required documents.
STEP 4 : Getting Your Vehicle to The Port of Origin
If you don’t need our Inland Transportation services, you can drop your vehicle at the port by yourself. Don’t forget that we can get your car from any part of the US to our warehouses in New York, Savannah, Miami, Houston, Seattle, and Los Angeles, and we give you 30 days of free storage if you ship with us!
The Final Payment will be generated once your vehicle is picked up by our driver, or it arrives at the port of origin (if you are dropping it off).
Dock Receipt. If you are dropping your vehicle off at the port, you will need a dock receipt before arrival. If we are transporting your vehicle to the port, we will handle this.
STEP 5 : Receiving Your Vehicle at The Destination Port
TRT International professionals have extensive experience in making sure your car shipping goes smoothly. We provide customer support with photos and your freight tracking after a variety of steps involved and paperwork is done.